Friday, May 22, 2009

Eating in LA...

is an entirely different experience than anywhere else I've been.

In Westfield mall, for example, their "food court" has more restaurant type places to eat at. You get your food on real plates, with real silverware and actual glass cups. Then, when you finish eating, you just leave the plates on the table and someone comes by and clears off the table. It's the weirdest thing. It never even crossed my mind to not clear a table, but I guess here it's normal.

Then, I went to lunch today with people I worked with at this place called Umami Burger. Had no idea, but I guess it's like the new cool burger place to eat in LA. Check out the website here. Anyway, the restaurants here are rather foofy. And expensive. Cheapest burger was $9 for only the burger. Sides were from $2.50 to $4 for fries, onion rings, or $4 pickles.... yeah, still don't get why pickles would cost that much, they must be special pickles, ha. Anyway, it was pricey. Then, when you get your fries or onion rings, they give you this small asian soup spoon full of their own ketchup. That tasted... not like ketchup and lasts a few bites. Someone even asked for regular ketchup and they said "oh we only have sauces we make here." Really? A burger place with no real ketchup? So weird. I'm just not used to places like that, at all. Haha, Red Robin is gourmet burgers to me, man. Anyway, yeah. Just one weird little thing I noticed today. I'll try to be updating with things like that, more differences I see being down here than little Pullman haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment